August 17, 2010

Craigslist Find: Cherry Lumber

I mentioned in my last post that I was running a bit low on lumber so I've been keeping an eye on craigslist for the last month or so watching for good deals. Last night I picked up about 180 board-feet of air dried cherry from a guy in Plymouth. Its not as good of a deal as the pile of red oak I missed out on a few weeks ago but I'm excited to work with a nicer wood and I got it for a really decent price. The guy also had a few piles of black walnut and some oak so I might be heading back there the next time I need some lumber.

Here is the cherry stacked in the rafters of the garage.
The boards were all 16' long and range from 12" wide on down. In order to transport and store them I cut them down to 10' and 6' lengths.

Here is one of the smaller boards I sent through the planer so I could see what it really looks like.
I'm not sure exactly what this will all turn into but I'm thinking it might make a nice nightstand to start with.

Don't worry Cory, I'll still take the Cherry you sawed up whenever you need to get rid of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment